COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Update – 3/19/2020
Southwest Federal Credit Union Lobbies Closed, Drive-Through remains open
As we continue to monitor the updates from national, state, and local health officials regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, our priority continues to be the health and well-being of our members, employees and communities. Southwest Federal Credit Union has made changes to our lobby accessibility.
All SFCUNM lobbies will be closed to the general public starting Thursday, March 19, 2020 but drive-through services will remain open. Members that need to access our offices for transactions or to access safety deposit boxes can arrange an appointment. Please call 505-243-6751 or 1-800-880-7974 to speak with one of our member service representatives.
Our MSR team can assist you by phone to help you. We have coordinated our teams to answer your calls and operate our drive-through as efficiently as possible given our current circumstances.
SFCUNM will remain open for business. Our drive-through services are ready to assist you during our normal business hours Monday through Friday. However, we will not have Saturday hours for the immediate future. Our online and mobile banking services are fully functional. ATMs can be used to access your account, and our team is ready to assist you with any lending and deposit needs.
We are all in this together and will get through this together by following guidelines, practicing patience, and remaining calm. Thank you for your membership. We appreciate your understanding during this time.
A letter to our members:
Southwest Credit Union Members:
Southwest Federal Credit Union is committed to the health and well-being of our members and colleagues. As our neighbors and as fellow New Mexicans, your safety and well-being is a top priority for us.
There is nothing more important than a safe environment. We will be taking precautions for the well-being of our membership. We are actively monitoring updates regarding the spread of the Coronavirus from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO). We will continue to take steps to minimize the health risks to our members and staff.
With the recent announcement of public schools closing, we will continue to remain open. However, we may experience lower staff levels than normal. If we are at a place where we will need to consolidate staff, we will still provide options that will allow our members to fulfill their banking needs. This may lead to increased drive-up use and increased incoming phone calls. Please be patient with us during these times.
Most banking services and requests can be handled without a visit to a branch office. Please review our products that may assist our members who seek to avoid lines and wait times on the phone.
- Online Banking and Banking App: Southwest Federal offers free online banking to our members 24/7. You may view your balances, print statements, and conduct transfers between your account.
- Drive-up availability: All of our locations have vehicle drive-up available for your use. During these times, we will work with our membership to ensure that you many be assisted.
- Online Bill Payment: All Southwest Federal members can seek out our free bill payment option to assist with the payment of bills through your checking account. If you are not signed up, you can sign up through your online account or contact our offices.
- Personal Automated Teller (PAT): Members who prefer to call in to seek out balances, items that have cleared an account, and transfers between suffixes may contact our PAT banking at (505) 243-3944 and (800) 243-8991.
- Remote Deposit Capture (RDC): When using the Southwest Federal Credit Union App, members can utilize our RDC option to assist with check deposits by taking a picture of their check needing deposit. Members can sign up for this by contacting a member service representative.
- Electronic documents via email: All loan requests may be applied for online. Approvals and loan closings can be conducted via email utilizing DocuSign. Please seek out this option if needed with any of our loan officers.
Please know we are diligently preparing for the risks associated with the coronavirus and have taken a number of measures designed to provide an uninterrupted banking experience for you and all of our members. Please continue to review our website for up-to-date notices regarding our offices. We know you understand that this situation is extremely fluid and as additional information is revealed we will continue to keep you updated on what options we may use in the short term.
Southwest Federal Credit Union