Home Equity Line of Credit
If you would like to see our rates; visit our “Loan Rates” sheet.
Your home is likely your biggest financial asset. Put its equity to work for you! As a homeowner, you can borrow against the equity in your home to consolidate and pay down high-interest debts, to finance large, one-time expenses or to keep a lower-interest line of credit open in case of emergencies. At Southwest FCU, we give you the options you need to make your goals achievable.
- The minimum loan amount is $10,000 on condition that the combined amount of your first mortgage and your Southwest HELOC does not exceed 90% total loan to value of the subject property.
- The interest is based upon a margin above the Prime Rate, depending upon your credit history and loan characteristics.
- The term of the loan is 15 years.
The rate you receive will be based on your credit history and other factors. All loans are subject to credit approval and verification. Applicant must be at least 18 years old. Products and rates are subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
- No fees
- Easy access to the credit line through your SFCU checking account
- Interest rate usually more attractive than rates on your credit cards or personal loans
- Payments required only if you have an outstanding balance
- Possibility of a tax deduction (Contact your tax advisor to check your eligibility.)
A Southwest HELOC is a great choice if you need additional cash for:
- Home improvement
- Second house purchase
- Car purchase
- Unexpected medical expenses
- Debt consolidation
- Or you wish to pay off high interest loans and/or credit cards